Sunday, October 24, 2010

No. Nope. Nein. Non. Nyet.


     Found this at a great site http://www.cafepress.com/. They sell all kinds of tshirts, buttons, hats, mugs, bags, etc that are basically design your own, but you can offer your design to others if you would like. This made me laugh out loud because it exemplifies my point of view. Mainly, my point of view is that nothing else matters to me right now, especially politics.

     I live in a state that has been in the national microscope lately because of a close Senate race. The organizations call me every day and ask me about my intentions of voting. I tell them I might vote if my chemo wears off by then, I might vote if I can get out of bed by then, I  might vote if I feel better, I might vote if I cared. It may be rude to those poor polltakers, but cancer has skewed my priorities at the moment. I am selfish at the moment. Cancer has given me permission to say no.

    Those of you who know me recognize that fact that I have had trouble saying no. Not so much anymore. Saying no to those things that I don't want to do is the best possible way to take care of myself. Then I can be the best, strongest, healthiest me possible. Even the airlines instruct you to help yourself first. Why is it so hard to say no? Why do I feel rude if I say no? (Shrug.) All I can say is, I am going to take care of this little corner of my universe first, then I can help you with yours.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. good one!! best way to be, and the Devil take the hindmost ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete