Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Obligatory New Year Post

     Happy New Year everybody!

     I resolve to get busy living.

     I confess that I have been hiding out. I have been slouching around the house in slippers and a big ugly sweater. It's too much work to leave the house. I would have to shower and wash my hair. I would have to find my shoes. And it's cold out there. The weather channel says it's 16 degrees. Brr. I'll just stay home.

     Enough! So what if my bloodwork keeps coming back worse and worse.  Get.out.of.the.house.

     Enough! So what if I can feel those telltale symptoms again.  Get.out.of.the.house.

     Enough! So what ......whatever.  Get.out.of.the.house.

     Big breath of resolution. 

     This is happening. I better get out of the house and get busy living, before I can't. This whole thing f*ing sucks, but so what. I resolve to get busy living in spite of these things.  I see my shoes peeking out from under the sofa. I have a new bottle of La Source shampoo and a new tub of body butter. Get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment