Monday, January 7, 2013

Getting Busy

     I got busy living last week.

     I got some cute new clothes that fit. Not clothes that fit the body I had before this cancer stuff started. Not clothes that fit my body after chemotherapy and bowel resections wasted my body. Clothes that fit this body that I have now. Not clothes for work. Not clothes for recuperating. Clothes for living now. I didn't really have many clothes that fit. Most were still too big. When I put on those clothes and looked in the mirror, I saw someone in sad baggy clothes. I saw a sick person. Blech. 

    I chose not to enroll in classes this semester. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy learning, but only for a few weeks and my class has 6 more weeks full of quizzes and tests and essays. Blech.

   I changed grocery stores. I went to Safeway and got a Clubcard and  started shopping there. I am no longer known to all the checkers as the lady who has cancer. I no longer have to answer the dreaded question, "How ARE you?" , spoken always with a head tilt. Blech.

    I joined another gym for the days I don't have rehab. I love the trainers at the health center who lead the Cancer Rehab group. Yes, that's what they call us, the Cancer Rehab group. We have fun and laugh. But when other members ask to join our class, the trainer says, "Oh, that's the Cancer Rehab group."  "Oh, well good for you guys." *fist pump*  So I am still one of those people who has cancer. Blech.

    I just want to not have cancer.

    Maybe  if I get busy enough I might forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment