Monday, April 12, 2010

Pharmgirll, MEC

I've been watching too much tv this week. Probably because I have been forced to sleep on my back during my recovery and the only place I can do that comfortably is on the couch. Don't get me wrong, I can sleep on my back on the bed, but I can't get OUT of the bed....

One of my favorite shows is a medical show and the writers got some drug info wrong tonight...again. How hard is it to verify medical information? When writing a medical drama? Surely there is at least one consultant on staff? Maybe that will be my new profession...Pharmgirll, Medical Entertainment Consultant.

4 comments:

  1. hmmm i think i saw that too! when i exclaimed the pills were the wrong color my hubby pointed out, "but really...who would notice...except you" well, we should start a list...it's in books too-drives me crazy! they pay bjillions to "fact checkers" too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope someone will be with you all the time in hospital...
    we were with Matthew pretty much 18 hrs a day... keeping a notepad and keeping track of everything... ESPECIALLY during doctor changes etc...
    and during nurse change too...

    someone needs to keep things in order... it gets messed up in hospitals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember which show. I used to watch them all. Now, post-cancer diagnosis, I am put off by all of the shows I used to love. They all made mistakes though from time to time. Nowadays I can only watch Dr. G. :)

    ReplyDelete